Nurturing the Reader in Every Child
Jun 24, 2019
Is one of your goals as a parent or teacher to nurture a passion for reading in your children? Do you wonder about the role of reading instruction or screen time on the decline of reading in our culture? This presentation offers inspiration and practical advice for:
• Building intrinsic motivation in children
• Developing critical skills through a phonetic base and “total reading”
• Choosing books (includes suggested reading lists by age)
• Preparing your home or classroom environment
• Exploring morality through literature.